mrsjoseph

MrsJoseph: Books, Life & Wine

I’m currently on the run from the Amazon Empire. The Empire recently used it’s planet sized money to destroy devour my previous safehouse: Goodreads.

I read a lot. Have a bit of a tendency to review as well. So…this is mostly a book review site. Unless its not. But I’m not taking review requests.

Cause sometimes I’ll write about whatever I feel like, book or no.

Things I [currently] like:
Reading
Reviewing
Exercising
Wine

So, I’ll talk about that stuff. Unless I don’t.

That “life” part in the site title is all about flexibility, lol.

Mistborn: The Final Empire
Brandon Sanderson
Starting Strength, 3rd edition
Mark Rippetoe
Seduction
Amanda Quick
Progress: 25 %

I’m SO EXCITED!! Hubby and I are signed up to do a 5k nighttime fun run!

I’ve never done any official races or anything – so I’m a marathon virgin. :-D

My husband is a former track star so he’s super nonchalant about the whole thing. Me? I’ve been trying to talk him into letting me buy some cool workout gear in time for the run! I would LOVE to get a T-Shirt and some new running shoes. (which will probably not happen, lol)

The run is a Fun Run so there are no prizes, etc to be given out. The (extra) fun part about the run is that there will be lots of glow in the dark gear being given out – so all the runners will “glow.”

glow run

What they told me comes with our registration:

Admission to Nighttime 5K Fun Run + Glow Gear + Race T-Shirt
Massive DJ After-Party
Fatback DJs performing at After Party!

What they say the proceeds of the race go to:

You look and feel better when you’re beaming, and while there are plenty of ways to ensure you’ve got that healthy glow, exercise and helping others are at the top of the list. Give yourself a brighter day — literally — with this deal: admission for one or four people to LivingSocial’s Glow-in-the-Dark 5K Dance Party, followed by an after-party.

[Come] dressed in all black — on Saturday for a fun run unlike any race you’ve ever seen. We’ll be loaded up with a ton of awesome glow-in-the-dark gear, including an official race T-shirt. As we run around the stadium, music will be piped into speakers along the course, so we’re all moving to the same beat. The last thing you should worry about is your race time — walkers are totally welcome. After the run we’ll enjoy a massive glow-in-the-dark after-party with a DJ, cash bar, and food vendors.

Partners for the 5K Dance Party are Mercy Corps and d.light two organizations dedicated to improving the lives of people suffering from the effects of poverty and oppression.

I DO hope that the money goes to the people who need it. It seems like a GREAT cause AND hubby and I will get a great workout as well.

After this…maybe I should look into some (indoor) rock climbing or trail running. Activities FTW!

Source: http://bookslifewine.wordpress.com/2013/11/08/nighttime-5k-fun-run