mrsjoseph

MrsJoseph: Books, Life & Wine

I’m currently on the run from the Amazon Empire. The Empire recently used it’s planet sized money to destroy devour my previous safehouse: Goodreads.

I read a lot. Have a bit of a tendency to review as well. So…this is mostly a book review site. Unless its not. But I’m not taking review requests.

Cause sometimes I’ll write about whatever I feel like, book or no.

Things I [currently] like:
Reading
Reviewing
Exercising
Wine

So, I’ll talk about that stuff. Unless I don’t.

That “life” part in the site title is all about flexibility, lol.

Mistborn: The Final Empire
Amanda Quick
Progress: 25 %

New Ilona Andrews ARC Release Announced: Clean Sweep

Clean-Sweep-Cover-Small

Dina Demille runs a Bed and Breakfast in a small Texas town and tries her best to pretend to be normal. Her broom is a deadly weapon, her house is a sentient magic inn for otherwordly visitors to Earth, and her only permanent guest is a retired Galactic aristocrat who can’t leave the grounds because she’s responsible for the deaths of millions and someone might shoot her on sight. Under the circumstances, normal can be a little difficult.

Now something with wicked claws and deepwater teeth begins hunting dogs in her neighborhood. Feeling responsible for the welfare of her neighbors, Dina decides to get involved. Before long, she has to juggle dealing with an alpha-strain werewolf and a cosmic vampire, while trying to keep her inn and its guests safe. But the enemy she’s facing is unlike anything she’d ever encountered before. It’s smart, vicious, and lethal, and putting herself between this creature and her neighbors might just cost her everything.

Please excuse me while I do some fangurling. ;-)

OMG. I’m a HUGE Ilona Andrews fan. HUGE. I’ve all of her books (in print, thank you very much) and I’ve even gone and bought the books that hold her printed short stories. She’s one of my (very) few autobuy authors. :-D

I’ve not really ever written a review for her books because…well, I enjoyed them too much. I have one for Small Magics and one for On the Edge. But not (my favorite) Kate Daniels. I’ve tried to write Kate Daniels reviews. They’ve all come out like this:

Squeee! Squee!! Squee Squee Squee!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

5 Stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. I know. Not too informative, lol.

But, back to the announcement. Clean Sweep started as a free serial that was posted on the Ilona Andrews website when time permitted (they do have contracts to fulfill). They started this serial this year during a time when I was very sick. This serial was one of the few things I had to look forward to on a weekly basis. Unless time did not permit, the Andrews gave us a piece of Clean Sweep every Friday like clockwork. So happy.

The response to the serial was very good. So good that we all begged for the ability to buy copies…because Squeeeeeee! I guess the squeeing got to them so they contacted an editor and said they’ll release it (not sure if they did it because they were happy we were happy or if the squeeing was just too loud and they needed to stop the shrill cries, lol).

The Andrews announced that they were hiring an editor some time ago. But today they announced that ARCs would be going out soon!! Yaaaaaay! We all know what this means! The day when I can hold a copy of it in my own grubby little paws looms near. *insert Snoopy happy dance here*

I really hope that there’s a hard copy. *crosses fingers* If it does….oooooh! I have a space right on my UF shelf (pic below) that it could fit. If I can decide if it would go before The Edge series…which is already finished…or after. But that might mean I need to move all the books that contain shorts cause they have other author names on the covers… And I see an OCD library rearrange happening in the near future. Especially for this particular bookcase…it’s a small one and I could redo my entire Urban Fantasy section. :-D

Yes, there are two copies of Magic Bites here... One's a Special Edition so Ha!

Yes, there are two copies of Magic Bites here… One’s a Special Edition so Ha!

But anyway. So excited! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Source: http://bookslifewine.wordpress.com/2013/12/01/new-ilona-andrews-arc