mrsjoseph

MrsJoseph: Books, Life & Wine

I’m currently on the run from the Amazon Empire. The Empire recently used it’s planet sized money to destroy devour my previous safehouse: Goodreads.

I read a lot. Have a bit of a tendency to review as well. So…this is mostly a book review site. Unless its not. But I’m not taking review requests.

Cause sometimes I’ll write about whatever I feel like, book or no.

Things I [currently] like:
Reading
Reviewing
Exercising
Wine

So, I’ll talk about that stuff. Unless I don’t.

That “life” part in the site title is all about flexibility, lol.

Mistborn: The Final Empire
Brandon Sanderson
Starting Strength, 3rd edition
Mark Rippetoe
Seduction
Amanda Quick
Progress: 25 %

Kobo "Declines" ANOTHER Transgender Title: My Mistress' Thighs by Giselle Renarde

This is a post I read at Donuts and Desire.  Please go there to read the post in full.

The first four times this happened, I was willing to call it a curiosity.  Now that the infamous ebook retailer Kobo has decline five (count 'em--FIVE!) of my transgender romance titles, I can't consider it a coincidence.

I really don't think this IS a coincidence.  I think Kobo is censoring transgender romance.

Most recently, I uploaded one of my prestige pieces--My Mistress' Thighs in its 2nd edition, Honourable Mention in the 2011 Rainbow Awards--and when I signed into my Kobo account just now, hey, guess what?  It's NOT available for sale through Kobo.  The book and its related metadata have disappeared behind a button called "Declined."

As I mentioned, FIVE of my titles (out of nearly 30 that I've uploaded to Kobo) have been "declined" (censored, restricted, banned, deemed unfit for sale--call it what you like).

Every one of those FIVE titles was an erotic romance ebook with the word "transgender" in the metadata.

Last time I blogged about Kobo censoring transgender romances, I disclosed that some of the transgender titles that have been "declined" contain very little erotic content.  Most are love stories that involve transgender issues. Take Eclipse the Stars as an example: it's about a couple dealing with jealousy and other issues within the context of a long-term trans lesbian relationship.

And Kobo banned it.

Why?

I have no fricken' clue.  I'm just the author.  I'm out of the loop.

SNIP

Source: http://donutsdesires.blogspot.ca/2013/12/kobo-declines-another-transgender-title.html