mrsjoseph

MrsJoseph: Books, Life & Wine

I’m currently on the run from the Amazon Empire. The Empire recently used it’s planet sized money to destroy devour my previous safehouse: Goodreads.

I read a lot. Have a bit of a tendency to review as well. So…this is mostly a book review site. Unless its not. But I’m not taking review requests.

Cause sometimes I’ll write about whatever I feel like, book or no.

Things I [currently] like:
Reading
Reviewing
Exercising
Wine

So, I’ll talk about that stuff. Unless I don’t.

That “life” part in the site title is all about flexibility, lol.

Mistborn: The Final Empire
Amanda Quick
Progress: 25 %

SPA-F: Pale Queen’s Courtyard (Moonlit Cities #1) by Marcin Wrona

Pale Queen's Courtyard (Moonlit Cities #1) - Marcin Wrona

Amount of book completed: less than one chapter

My Impressions: From what I read, I think Marcin Wrona is a fantastic writer. The portion of the book that I completed felt extremely polished and professionally edited. The writing is very lyrical, reminding me of the first time I encountered Jacqueline Carey’s work.

Wrona’s worldbuilding style is one of my favorites: he drops the reader into his colorful and sensual world without explanation. To be honest, while that is my favorite style of worldbuilding, Wrona uses his own created words quite often which was a little confusing.

While I enjoyed the selection of Pale Queen’s Courtyard, I’m not quite in the mood for it. I don’t care for deception or deception based plotlines and Pale Queen’s Courtyard begins with a deception.

I think I will come back to Pale Queen’s Courtyard in the future. I would definitely recommend this book to others.

This book was recommended to me by Caleb Blake at Papyrus Independent Author reviews. Read Caleb’s review of Pale Queen’s Courtyard here.

Source: http://bookslifewine.wordpress.com/2014/02/12/spa-f-pale-queens-courtyard