mrsjoseph

MrsJoseph: Books, Life & Wine

I’m currently on the run from the Amazon Empire. The Empire recently used it’s planet sized money to destroy devour my previous safehouse: Goodreads.

I read a lot. Have a bit of a tendency to review as well. So…this is mostly a book review site. Unless its not. But I’m not taking review requests.

Cause sometimes I’ll write about whatever I feel like, book or no.

Things I [currently] like:
Reading
Reviewing
Exercising
Wine

So, I’ll talk about that stuff. Unless I don’t.

That “life” part in the site title is all about flexibility, lol.

Mistborn: The Final Empire
Brandon Sanderson
Starting Strength, 3rd edition
Mark Rippetoe
Seduction
Amanda Quick
Progress: 25 %

Started to Post at GR but decided not to: Why?? Author attacks numerous members - but members are threatened with account deletion -GR Staff, please answer

I was going to post this at Goodreads in Feedback but then I realized.

GR hates us.  So I'm posting this here  - hoping that simply seeing it in print will help dial down the rage.

___________________

Ok, I do a lot more lurking here than I used to.

And there is something I'm starting to see regularly now:

WHY is it that GR Authors can go around and harass members to the point of tears BUT members are threatened with account deletion and reviews removed??

It seems that Goodreads Staff have set it up so that members are now sitting ducks.
--If we mention on our reviews that the author is attacking people - we get our review deleted and threatened with having our account deleted.
--If we shelve the books with names you [GR/Authors] don't like - we get our shelf deleted and threatened with having our account deleted.

You guys even REMOVED the shelving visibility - so now we have NO WAY of protecting ourselves! We used to be able to warn each other but not now.

And since this started, all I see now is author after author harassing GR members. Authors demanding to have reviews taken down because they are less than 4 stars.

AUTHORS calling members cunts and GR STAFF does nothing. Tells the member to "go talk to a Mod."

Please explain why the onus for behavior has been placed on the member but the damn authors go around harassing and bullying everyone.