mrsjoseph

MrsJoseph: Books, Life & Wine

I’m currently on the run from the Amazon Empire. The Empire recently used it’s planet sized money to destroy devour my previous safehouse: Goodreads.

I read a lot. Have a bit of a tendency to review as well. So…this is mostly a book review site. Unless its not. But I’m not taking review requests.

Cause sometimes I’ll write about whatever I feel like, book or no.

Things I [currently] like:
Reading
Reviewing
Exercising
Wine

So, I’ll talk about that stuff. Unless I don’t.

That “life” part in the site title is all about flexibility, lol.

Mistborn: The Final Empire
Brandon Sanderson
Starting Strength, 3rd edition
Mark Rippetoe
Seduction
Amanda Quick
Progress: 25 %

Need a Caribbean Rec...Looking at you, Petra :-D

I have a friend doing a wonderful reading challenge this year: He's picking books written by at least one author from every country.  Of course, there are more rules to the challenge but that's the most important.

He's just now getting to the Caribbean but hasn't found enough authors that he enjoys.

So I immediately thought of Petra and her wonderful bookstore.

So, if possible - could Petra (and other people familiar with non-genre Caribbean authors) recommend some authors and books?  Please?  :-D

He has enjoyed: Beka Lamb and Geographies of Home.  He just finished Earl Lovelace's The Wine of Astonishment but did not enjoy it as much as he expected.

Countries he needs to locate authors from at the moment:

Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Dominica, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Any help will be greatly appreciated!